If you've never experienced a 72-hour writing marathon, you really should add it to your Bucket List. It is an amazing experience for a writer. I know, it sounds overwhelming at first, thinking about trying to stay up for 72 hours straight, but something happens to you...you find amazing strength, just like a superhero, and surprisingly, you can do it. You will write and write, until you hear the horn signifying the marathon has come to an end. It's all thanks to the little brain chemicals, called endorphins. Neurotransmitters send messages pumping through your nervous system, giving you the ultimate energy to keep going and going, like that little Energizer Bunny.
- The International 3-Day Novel Contest (Vancouver)
- The 3-Day Novel Marathon (Owen Sound)
- The Muskoka Novel Marathon (Huntsville)
Check this opportunity out at: TaNoMa
The guy who gets all this credit is non-other than, Martin Avery! He has some amazing experience at organizing a writing marathon (and writing novels ~ check out some of his books HERE). This year, he has teamed up with an elementary school friend of his, Cynthia Langill, and together they are organizing a novel writing marathon to raise awareness and funds for Recovery from Addiction.
Sponsors' donations will go to Renascent, an abstinence based treatment centre facility that treats men, women and families with addiction issues (a 12-step philosophy).
- Writing Marathon Date: August 1st - 4th, 2014
- Place: Renascent’s head office at 38 Isabella Street in midtown Toronto.
- How many writers: There is space for 27 writers this year and they expect that number to double by next year.
- Registration Fee: $100
- Rules: Go to TaNoMa Rules and regulations HERE.
- Prizes and Judges: Go HERE.
- Charity and Fund-raising information: Go HERE.
- Follow TaNoMa on Facebook
- Follow TaNoMa on Twitter
- To Register: Go HERE.
You'll even get a cool T-Shirt to wear while bragging to all your other writing friends.
Just go ahead and do it...SIGN UP NOW! :)