Chosen from a very high caliber of written pieces (275 submitted in total), the Ontario Writers' Conference announced their 6 winners of the 2016 Story Starters Contest, all chosen by our attendees over the two Conference days.
- Silke Force in September for “Our family doctor…”
- Lori Twining in October for “I refold…”
- Tina Liu in November for “The fog smelled…”
- Beth L. in December for “Terra’s Violation”
- Dale R. Long in January for “My paddle draws…”
- Stephanie G. in February for “Be careful where…”
The art used for this Story Starter Contest was amazing and truly inspiring. It motivated the writers to create many different options for each piece, which gives the author a chance to develop their entries into an actual short story or novel later.
Special thanks goes out to these spectacular artists:
Carin Makuz, Erika Takács, Iwona Dufaj, Sally Thurlow, Annabelle Murray and Anja Kooistra.
Photographs by Naomi Mesbur, taken at the 2016 Ontario Writers' Conference.