The writing pieces should be about learning, teaching, mentoring, writing, growing, creating, and sharing. They are looking for pieces about love, loss, joy, hope, fear, friendship, family, work, light, and darkness. You are being encouraged to write about your experience with learning to write or why you like to write. This anthology hopes to capture the spirit of learning to become a writer. Writers of all ages, stages, and places welcome. The more authors stories and experiences gathered, the better the book will be.
Here is a list of what she is looking for right now:
- Your favourite writing prompts.
- Tips on craft. What have you learned about writing?
- Writing and place. Where do you like to write? How does place influence your work?
- Humorous stories about the writing life.
- The writing process. How do you decide what to write about?
- Writing teachers. Who are your mentors? How have they influenced you? If you are a writing teacher, what is that experience like?
- The experience of writing alone vs. writing in a group.
- The experience of learning to write.
- Song writing
- Letter writing
- Writing and relationships. How does your work impact the people in your life?
- Ethics and writing
- Balancing writing and life